21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 12:07 AM by amcci1

Computer Locks Up With Green/Striped Screen - R9 270x Crimson 17.12.1 (see second post for picture)

jktracey

Hi. I have an AMD setup that I built myself and have been having some problems for quite some time now. I think I have narrowed down the issue to the videocard as I have bought a new power supply and CPU recently but still having crashes. I've tried reinstalling drivers and reformatting my PC completely but for some reason when I'm playing games or watching high quality video streams my screen will kind of stutter and then sometimes just randomly crash altogether showing vertical lines going down my screen. Sometimes when this happens my screen will come back and say the display drivers crashed but were recovered, other times I have to restart my computer completely. This will happen quite often on games like PUBG and then less often on games like Diablo 3, but altogether it is very frustrating. Is there anything I can post on here for someone to take a look at my system and see what might be causing the issue before I buy any more new parts?

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.