cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Applictions not running on dedicated AMD drivers since update

Hello everyone!

I had a 32bit version of windows installed and wanted to upgrade to a 64bit version of windows 10. I did this myself and everything worked fine, but i couldn't run a couple of games like minercaft. So i downloaded the Radeon driver uninstaller, rebooted, then ran the AMD driver & software application and installed new drivers. After that, i could run minecraft, but it refused to work on the dedicated AMD drivers and now works on the integrated intel core drivers despite i added minecraft+java in the radeon driver settings application. When i play Overwatch, my FPS was a lot lower after the new driver update, and the gpu temperature shows 0°. BEFORE i updated the drivers i did not have this problem on overwatch.

The second problem i'm experiencing is that Solidworks (an app i need for school) refuses to start. I get the following error: "failed to initialize visual basic for apps, equadations and macros will not work. are you low on disc space?"  followed by: "runtime error  R6025  -pure virtual function call". I'm not sure if the second problem is related to the drivers, but anyways i don't know what to do anymore.

(Dxdiag and MSinfo in atachments)

0 Likes
4 Replies

thank you for the reply! i was able to solve my problem thank you! But now i have another problem, I can't start the radeon AMD settings application. It just doesn't appear. rebooting doesn't solve that problem

0 Likes

Is it running? Check Task Manager...

I have found that AMD takes a while at start up...do you have exceptions made for it in your anti-spyware/malware programs?

When you right click on your desktop..does AMD show up there?

0 Likes

yes it does show up when i right click on the desktop and in task manager there are 2 AMD processes  running: AMD external events client and AMD external Service.

I was able to let Overwatch run on the AMD gpu in the radeon application the first time. But now i can't open it again. Somehow since i installed the newest drivers and deleted the old ones, Overwatch runs on very low fps now and the mouse is kinda laggy which indicates a driver problem (as i was told so).

0 Likes