Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- Radeon HD 7970
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Discrete Desktop Graphics
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64-bit (Education Edition)
- Driver version installed
- 17.50.02 is partially installed (Display Driver Failed to install)
- Display Devices
- Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard (BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. F2, 7/24/2015)
- i7 6700k by Intel
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVK
My issue is that I receive Error 1603 when attempting to install the latest driver from AMD's site (which indicates my card is still supported). I went to the linked page and attempted all of the suggested steps for troubleshooting, to no avail. This issue came to my attention when I updated Windows and suddenly I was unable to use my GPU in a game (Divinity Original Sin 2), as it couldn't detect it. I then attempted to update the drivers and got Error 1603. Device Manager cannot detect the Display Device as a result. I've already rolled back my version of Windows in an attempt to fix it that way, as it seemed to have broke only when I updated to the new version of Windows 10. I've attached a number of screenshots to illustrate the issue.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I hope that you can help.
Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.