AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why choose AMD over Intel processors?

Question asked by morbe77 on Jan 30, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 by pokester

I am a long time AMD user. I got into PC gaming back in 2001, I was fresh out of the Military, I was in college, I was broke and was pulling my hair out knowing that I may not afford to build a decent gaming computer until one of my college instructors suggested I look into AMD Processors. At this time in my life I knew nothing of AMD when Intel dominated the television ads etc. So I did, I started looking at AMD and what I liked about AMD was the price point! I thought to my self wow! The reality of building a gaming computer was actually in my reach. I will have to say that I was a little worried what my friends with Intel builds were saying but that little machine I built took off and I was gaming with the best of them. I was so proud of that first build. I was very impressed with AMD that I made AMD the base for every build there after. What can I say I am a fan of AMD and Radeon that they have been my "go to" brand, and I will say that I have been loyal to the brand since 2001.

Currently I am running and AMD FX8350 with a Radeon RX 580. and I am looking to upgrade the Processor in a new build. I have been looking at the Ryzen 7 1800X, for my next build. However realizing that the Intel i7 8700k is in the same price point and seems to out shine the AMD Ryzen processors. This has me at a cross roads and I want to stay true to the AMD brand I started with but abandoning AMD and moving to Intel seems so tempting at this point. Am I reading too much into this? What are the reasons to stay with AMD? HELP!

Outcomes