AnsweredAssumed Answered

Black screen after driver install and pc restarts with BSOD TDR Failure - R9 290

Question asked by davidemonte on Jan 29, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2018 by merutsu

Hi everbody. It's my first post here, and the first problem with AMD too (lol). I have a problem with video card. I have an AMD RADEON R9 290, from about 4 years, it always worked perfectly. from about a week, my pc after chargin windows logo, turns black. I didn't installed driver or something. the last evening worked perfectly as always, the day after black screen. So, I've reinstalled windows 10 (64 bit), a fresh install and when I update drivers (with windows update or amd autodetect software, same problem) , during the install (Installing graphic components) my screen turns black and the pc restart automatically. I can't explain how it's possible. I've tried this for 3 days (always, reinstall SO, reinstall drivers, crash, format, reinstall SO, reinstall drivers, crash, format...). Sometimes (but not always) when my pc crash, I have a blue screen of death with (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys) BUT NOT ALWAYS. I can get to Safe mode, and when I uninstall driver in the safe mode then turn back to normal mode my pc works perfectly. when I install the driver I get black screen. I don't how it's possibile. Only happening to me? LOL. I did all the system checkup or problem scan, no results. it work's perfectly. the problem is the driver video. how can I solve? thank you everybody.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, I'm Italian ...

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes