I'm continuing this discussion as a new question/problem report because my BIOS does not have a turbo setting.
In my specific scenario (AMD A10-6800K, MSI 2AE0 mobo, 20GB RAM), I turn OFF Turbo Core Control, but when I hibernate the machine then power it back on, turbo is re-enabled. Further, AMD Overdrive still thinks TCC is disabled, so I have to exit & restart AMD Overdrive in order to disable TCC again:
- Start AMD Overdrive; select TCC, clear checkbox to disable it; click OK.
- Verify that clock speed remains limited to the fixed speed & multiplier in the CPU Status pane.
- Hibernate the machine; wait 10 sec.
- Power the machine back on.
- Observe that TCC appears disabled in the Clock/Voltage pane in AMD O.
- Observe that clocks now get boosted in the CPU Status pane. They should remain steady per the setting.
Note that this problem does not occur during normal reboot, when I have "Apply my last settings when system boots" checked.
It looks like AMD O should detect resumption from hibernate and re-activate the configured profile.