Hello. I have a big problem with my build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4 2666
MB: ASRock A320m PRO 4
PSU: BeQuiet! 450W
SSD: WD Green 120 M.2
HDD: some old ones
GPU: MSI GTX 770 TwinFrozr
Here is my history:
Before I had an Intel Mainboard with a SandyBridge CPU (idk what it was, as it was a present and just worked for me).
Nothing happened here. Everything fine. GPU, PSU and HDDs where fine.
Then I updated to the upper build (first without the SSD).
I think everything was still fine then. I don't know anymore lol.
Ok here it goes:
I installed the M.2 SSD and made it my Windows 10 boot partition. Of course I unplugged every other HDD while installing.
Then I attached my other HDDs, installed latest AMD Chipset-Drivers, NVidia drivers, Windows Updates etc.
As it is a 120 GB SSD I moved those personal Folders (Downloads, Pictures, etc) to the HDD drive.
Now here is the problem: My PC starts getting black screens out of nowhere.
It is like: Monitor says "No Input". Mouse and Keyboard are off, no response to Power-Button. I have to hard shut down on PSU-IO.
Sometimes its after some hours, sometimes minutes, sometimes a day. But it always comes.
PC is still running all fans and lights on. Event-Manager does not give a hint (it just says: PC powered down unusually, Kernel Error).
What I've tried:
- Some suggested underpowered RAM. but a raise to RAM voltage was no success.
- Tried every Power-Profile with setting everything to never regarding power-off
- Tried everything in Bios (Gear Down disabled, Power Down disabled, Aggressive Power Down SATA Slot Disabled etc.)
- Removed GPU Driver and reinstalled
- Removed AMD Driver and reinstalled
- Revert Windows 10 with unplugged HDDs
- Checked PageFile-Location (Its on C-Drive)
- Checked Install-Folder for Apps and other stuff (Its on C-Drive)
- Reseated the RAM
- Updated the Bios to 4.50
It looks like PC wants to go to sleep and never comes back, but I forbid it to do so. Its even if I move the mouse, the PC goes black.
What I noticed:
- My HDD got a System-Reserved Partition. IDK why Windows made this?
- My PC NEVER do this when in BIOS
What I gonna do is: Reinstall Windows on SSD and keep those folder on C-Drive even though thats NOT a solution for me.
If that wont work I take out the M.2-SSD and reinstall on HDD and try it then.
But why should the SSD do such things?
If it was Mainboard, would it behave like this or just go dark all the way?
If it was RAM, would it even boot up?
As I said, PSU and HDDs worked well on the earlier build...
Please help me, I'm trying do get this done about 2 weeks now and I'm getting desperated....