AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ubuntu 16.04/17.10 dual monitors impossible with AMD PRO A10-8730B

Question asked by freddano on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 by amdmatt

Hi guys,

Please excuse me if you find any typos, english is not my native language.

I have a HP 745 G4 with a AMD PRO A10-8730B CPU Carrizo 2015, should be Radeon R5 graphics if I check the specs. What I understand it should be supported?

It is hooked up with a HP Ultraslim Docking Station 2013 with the latest firmware at work.

If I connect one screen with VGA and the other with Displayport both monitors works, but I want to use the two Displayport + the VGA so I can use three screens. However the problem is there only with two so I figured it is easier to explain that way. When I connect the two Displayport Ubuntu just sees one screen in the settings and the image is mirrored on screen 1 and 2, I get picture on both screens though. It is like it thinks that the both Displayport are one.

I did install the amdgpu-pro 17.40 driver without problem but nothing changed, exactly the same problem. I have tested in both 16.04 and 17.10 versions of Ubuntu (17.10 without the amdgpu-pro driver though). I also tried another machine, a HP 840 G1 with Intel Chipset in the same docking station, it worked right away, so I really think it is a driver problem.

Any tips and tricks? I would appreciate a lot if I could get some help with this.

Outcomes