Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

natz868
Newcomer

ASUS RADEON RX 480 8 GB - Cannot update drivers

Dear Community,

i Had bought an Asus Radeon RX 480 8 gb, but i cannot update the drivers from the version 17.2.1 (the last working driver).

If i try to update to most recent version, the graphic card stop working with EVERY game (in most of cases i recieved an error message with the declaration "cannot detect VGA")

Now, on an other topic on this forum ( RX 480 Strix Drivers dont work  ) Vladanmartin suggest that "problem was that ASUS put custom bios and that bios dont work with new updates" .

Onestly, i'm not capable to  flash another bios on my VGA, so i'm not sure to do this thing.

So, does someone have an idea?

I really will appreciate it!

Marco

p.s.: sorry for bad english

System Spec:

Windows 7 64 bit

1200 watt

Asus Rx 480 strix 8 gb

i5, 2,66 ghz

Ram 10 gb.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

If it's still on warranty, return it, try for a RX580 to replace it. My ASUS RX580 doesn't seem to have this problem.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Before flashing your vBIOS, I highly recommend that your contact Asus Support for two reasons:

1) See if by flashing your vBIOS your warranty is voided (if Applicable)

2) See if flashing you vBIOS it might cause the customized GPU card to malfunction due to the fact the original vBIOS was made due to specific changes in the manufacturing of the GPU card.

0 Likes