AnsweredAssumed Answered

Request - PLEASE Enable Windows 10 Eyefinity Support for the mid 2017 Retina 5K iMac

Question asked by mfarthi on Jan 23, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 by pokester

Hey everyone, first time poster here...but this is something that has bugged me since purchasing this computer, and it's a rather niche question.

The 2017 iMac 5K is shipped with the Radeon Pro 580 Graphics card, a card that is equipped with Eyefinity. However when installing bootcamp (allows you to run Windows 10 on Mac), you cannot activate Eyefinity with the AMD Drivers.

From my digging and understanding this is due to the specific/special timing controller required for the 5K display used in this model of the iMac, therefore the AMD drivers currently released actually splits the 5K screen into two monitors (according to the Catalyst software), thus this disables the ability to activate eyefinity.

This iMac is connected to two external 1440p displays via thunderbolt 3, both displays work flawlessly through the windows 10 display panel, but I have no way of allowing the ability to activate eyefinity.

Is there ANY plans for this to be fixed? I don't know if this is a simple fix or not, but it's incredibly frustrating that if the drivers has a mirrored display that it disables eyefinity.

I contacted AMD over the phone and they were clueless on the matter.

Any info/help you would need from me can be provided. I just want eyefinity

Outcomes