Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.
Describe your system:
- Radeon HD 7700
- Windows 10 64 bit
- Drivers: 18.1.1 and 17.2.1 all Adrenalin drivers have this issue with me so I'm now using 17.11.4 without any issues (the last Crimson driver)
- Display Devices
- Monitor #1: AOC 2476W1 - 1920x1080 @ 59Hz - connected via HDMI
- Monitor #2: AOC 2770M - 1920x1080 @ 59Hz - Pretty sure it has an HDMI to DVI adapter on it
- Motherboard + Bios Revision - eMachines ET1331G - Default System BIOS - That's what it says, but it's a ECS MCP61PM-GM (you can't update the bios if there even is one because it's not supported anymore)
- CPU/APU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor 3.2GHz
- PSU: Corsair GS700
- RAM: 8GB
Describe your issue:
- At random times, I'll get a BSOD that says thread_exception_not_handled and the problem will be with atikmdag.sys. It might be during a game, it might be while I'm watching YouTube or it might even be sitting at idle, you don't know when it's going to happen.
- All graphics settings are left on default without overclocking or touching anything in them. I've tried turning everything as low as it can go and I've everything on high or settings in-between but it doesn't make a difference.
- This is only happening with the Adrenalin drivers, the Crimson drivers work just fine and I'll never get a BSOD.
Before someone says it, I know the system is old. I'm very aware but there's nothing I can do about that right now because I can't afford any kind of upgrade at the moment. I just wanted to share all the details I have because this is ONLY happening with Adrenalin drivers, not Crimson.