cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dazze
Adept I

I'm not able to make it work Freesync with Adrenaline 18.1 or 17.12.1

As the title describes, I can not find a way to make it work. My monitor is a AOC G2460VQ6 (Freesync) 75hz with a RX 580 Graphic card. I have tried to install the monitor drivers from their official website deactivating the windows 10 digital signatures as I read "necessary for it to work" but simply none works, neither the generic PnP of windows nor the one that I have downloaded for the model of my monitor. I can not think of anything else to try, I have changed between the adrenalin 17.12.1 and 18.1 but, the windmill program does not seem to signal that the freesync works, the blades stutter. It was working well for a while with some drivers prior to Adrenaline I do not understand why not anymore.

Any ideas? Thanks

EDIT: Confirmed. I went back to 17.11.1 (the previous ones to Adrenalin) and Freesync now working correctly. Someone with some similar experience? It bothers me not to be able to have the adrenaline version with freesync working

0 Likes
5 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

In addition, do you see FreeSync as showing as enabled in Radeon Settings?

0 Likes

Of course, it is activated but has no effect in practice.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Can you check Windows Display Properties to ensure that the maximum refresh rate of your monitor is correctly set?

0 Likes
fuziongxp
Journeyman III

I have the same monitor and for me the windmill demo leads to really bad lags and flickering with Freesync enabled. In addition, with this monitor, I experince flickering in desktop usage like video playback, if freesync is enabled and monitor set to 75Hz. If I go down to 60Hz the flickering issues disappear with freesync on (the windmill demo still doesn't work though), but seems like I have no issues in games, freesync is working properly then.

So you could test if freesync works if the monitor is set to 60Hz and also make sure to set the target framerate to 57 or 58 using 60Hz (at 75Hz 73) in the global settings and test in games.

0 Likes

Ignore any issue with the FreeSync Windmill app, that version has known bugs which cause flickering.

Please provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  if you have the same issue & monitor.

0 Likes