Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

treas
Newcomer

Driver 17.10.2 & all later version RX Vega Cryptonight

Hello,

the drivers 17.10.2 or later dont support computemode for cryptonight!

i have 12 amd gpu rig so i cant use blockchain driver. With August 23.Blockchain dirvers my vega do around 1900-2000h/s per card on cryptonight. With 17.10.2 and every later version its just 1300hs.

it is not possible to activate hbcc, hwinfo also showing no temperature increase on hbcc. im not alone with this problem, if u look around nobody was able to activate hbcc on the 17.10.2 drivers and later!

This issue no exists now for 4 months, you released several new driver versions  its really annoying...please dont tell me Vega turns on compute mode automatic, because its clearly not working for cryptonight!

would be awesome if you could fix this

Thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
treas
Newcomer

nobody from amd driver developer can answer? really guys you would make alot people happy.

take a look at this, vega hbcc is not working for cryptonight algo!!!

0 Likes

I have 6 x Vegas using the August 23rd Blockchain drivers. To say that driver is flaky and unreliable is being nice about it. In fact the whole attitude from AMD towards their most profitable customer base and the service they DON'T provide is quite frankly disgusting.

I'll keep the 6 AMD cards I have even though the drivers are crap. My last delivery of graphics cards were not AMD and the next batch will not be AMD cards until this ridiculous attitude they have against miners has gone and we get decent support like all the other customers.

0 Likes

The answers to your questions have been posted numerous times before. Vega doesn't require the manual compute mode switch Polaris and earlier cards do, and the blockchain driver's cryptocurrency mining features were not in any other driver package.

0 Likes

of course the features are in every later driver -.- thats the compute mode. and thats a clear fact vega is slower on cryptonight algo on 17.10.2 drivers and later, so the autoswitch or something else is not working!

why amd dont care a littlebit about their best customers? cant be that hard to fix that cryptonight thing, if some beta drivers can do it

0 Likes
treas
Newcomer

wow still no answer from amd? awesome thank you!

i ask again when we will get a new driver with the speed of blockchain driver for vega cryptonight?

0 Likes

If you read the Forum information...AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership you would see that this is a user-to-user forum. No engineers here. There are established ways to contact AMD driver support.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

or more simply:

0 Likes

new driver again no compute mode for vega.

thank you AMD again for ignoring us, its now 5 months since august 17 blockchain driver

0 Likes