1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 2:05 PM by davejb

RX470 Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

38super

This is a windows 10 system.  There is also a rx570 on this board.

They used to co-exist with one another just fine, but something happened and how the rx470 fails to start up.

Windows sees it, but gives the subject error.   I have tried removing/reinstalling even going as far as reinstalling windows 10 to no avail.

The event for the device on a reboot is

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver c0321058.inf_amd64_c0aa1a2b512afe19\c0321058.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_34111462&REV_CF\4&2D36ABC7&0&0009 with the following status: 0x0.

and nothing else.

Windows shows the driver version as 23.20.15002.11

I'm at my wits ends, no idea wthech is wrong with this thing.

Thanks!

• Re: RX470 Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
          davejb

I wish I had to time to put up a thorough post on this, but the short version is that about 3 months ago I switched from a very stable gaming platform with an R9 280 to an RX580 and now Vega 56 (didn't change any other part of the PC). Once I switched to the RX580 I had constant crashing. Like, just sitting at the desktop.

It's still not perfect but I started taking notes and isolating one thing at a time and I found that I picked up a ton of stability by using in-game settings for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, that is, leaving the driver settings at default (use application settings). This is for NBA 2k17 and Mass Effect Andromeda. I then made sure any adjustments to visual settings were done in game.

I know that's not super thorough but I hope that helps. You might do a full uninstall with the AMD cleanup utility and DDU and change only one setting at a time for a while. I can tell you I had crashing so often for a while I nearly took a sledge hammer to my (expensive!) computer and monitor.