2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 3:12 AM by becaktempur

Blue Screen atikmpak.sys

becaktempur

hi guys,,

so i have old Asus K45DR, i try to fresh install with fresh Win7 then i installed graphic driver with stock laptop driver,,
      after that i meet the BlueScreen said something error with atikmpak.sys, i don't know how to solve this,, then i try fresh install with Win 8.1 still same with the problem.

does anyone know how to solve this? i just try install with stock laptop driver, downloading from asus website still same..

Thanks, and sorry for my english, i'm from indonesia

• Re: Blue Screen atikmpak.sys
          kingfish

Yes...you have to fully update your OS before trying to install any AMD driver.

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Screenshot_31.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Blue Screen atikmpak.sys
              becaktempur

even with Win8.1 with error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE??

because when i fresh install with that the error appears

thanks i'll try next fresh install, better with Win7 way, Win8.1 comes with video driver so it will blue screen when first start..

thank you for the reply bro..