cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fabietsbr
Journeyman III

BSOD During Driver Installation With New Motherboard GA-990XA-UD3 - Windows 8.1

Since I bought my new mobo Gigabyte Ga-990xa-UD3 I'm having problems with the driver of my Sapphire R9 280 Dual-x. When installing the latest version of the driver, it is not definitive of the installation, right after that default installation of video drivers, my windows 8.1 pro gives blue screen, then when it restarts, it already falls on the screen to give recovery in windows Already I updated a bios of my mobo and nothing. I wonder if my mobo is not compatible with these new versions of the driver and what is the most updated driver that I can install without a problem again.

PC Infos:

MoBo: Gigabyte Ga-990xa-UD3 Rev 3.0

Version BIOS: FEh

CPU: AMD FX6300

Watercooler Corsair H45

SSD Kingston 120gb

HDD Toshiba 1Tb

Power Supply: Seventeam ST-1000E-AZ 1000W

AMD Graphics Card: Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X

RAM: 8gb Corsair Vegeance DDR3

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro

Driver Installed: AMD Catalyst 15.7

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
3 Replies

You should upgrade to Windows 10 while it's still free, as AMD and Microsoft have dropped support for Windows 8.1.

But this will fix my problem?

0 Likes

Well, you can always roll back to Windows 8.1 if it doesn't but you keep the Windows 10 license for the future, but there's also the possibility there's a problem with your OS that's causing the problem. The easiest way would be to look at the tool mentioned in https://community.amd.com/message/2757206​ which automates the DISM and SFC commands.