cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Computer unable to download the driver Crimson Relive Software

Radeon Software Crimson Edition ReLive Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-BitDescribe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon RX 480
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop (CyberPowerPC GUA2400BST)
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • I cant install it because my computer turns off during the installation
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung S24D300
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (AMD 970)   IDK Bios version
  • CPU/APU
    • FX 8350

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

• I have no idea
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue
    • I had an issue with my computer so I reset it back to factory. I then went to go and reinstall the drivers for it and I came here. I went to install the drivers (Radeon Software Crimson Edition ReLive Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Optional and the 17.12.1) and every time I try it, and at the exact same point in the install, my computer either

A) It would just shut off. It would just instantly turn off and then reboot

B) Present me with the BSOD with the error codes: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,                             KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL, and some more

• Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
    • All of them
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
    • I can't play no game cuz no drivers!
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue.
    • None
0 Likes
9 Replies

Did you download the AMD FULL SET? Here is the correct driver from AMD Support: Desktop

After you reset Windows 10, did you fully update the Operating System via Windows Update?

Found this about one of your errors:

Fix Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition Windows 10 (kernel_auto_boost_lock_acquisition_with_raised_irql): Well this error in Windows is not common and if you are facing this error then there are two main reasons as to why you are seeing this error. One being Bluetooth drivers and other is your wireless adapter.

Also this for the other error:

Symptoms of APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue Screen Errors

• “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” appears and crashes the active program window.
  • "STOP Error 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH" is displayed.
  • A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
  • Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0x1 when running the same program.
  • “The APC_INDEX_MISMATCH bug check has a value of 0x00000001. This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.” is displayed.
  • Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
  • Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.

In most cases, you will experience APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen errors after you’ve installed new hardware or software. These APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screens can appear during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Windows Operating System) is running, while a Windows driver is being loaded, or during Windows startup or shutdown. Keeping track of when and where your STOP error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.

Causes of APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue Screen Errors

• Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
  • Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
  • Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
  • Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
  • Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
  • Error 0x1 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
  • APC_INDEX_MISMATCH STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen errors can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues.

Use this procedure to install the AMD Driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly

0 Likes

That didn’t fix it. I am no longer gettin the error codes but it just kind of freezes on the last frame it was on.

0 Likes

run in elevated rights Command Prompt or Powershell. Input this code and hit enter.  "SFC /scannow". This will check your Windows core files to be sure everything is good and not corrupted or missing. Post back the results of SFC /scannow if it comes back with errors.

It is possible that after you RESET Windows, It installed with a corrupted Windows. You may want to do a clean install of Windows 10 from an ISO file. I know it is a pain, but since it all started AFTER you reset Windows it sounds like a corrupted Windows install.

You can also run MEMTEST86 just to rule out bad memory module on your computer. Also you may want to run a Hard disk check to make sure your hard disk is good. Go to MyPC or Window Explorer. Click on your Hard drive under Properties. Click on Tools and run the Hard drive check.

0 Likes

all of the test came out to be fine. No errors were found

0 Likes

What do you mean that it FREEZES ON THE LAST FRAME? During installation or some program you are running?

0 Likes

It freezes - YouTube This is what I am talking about

0 Likes

Looks like you didn't let the drivers go through the install process. You shut it down.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, it froze. I even let it sit for about 5 hours to let it "complete". It didnt make any progress. As you saw, if I turn off the monitor and turn it back on, it turns green and freaks out.

0 Likes

I think you need to fix your OS/hardware errors first.

Some possible causes for the 'kernel auto boost....' error

I suggest you also try, posting a query on 'tenforums.com' (bsod and debugging), to try & diagnose the whea and other os/hardware errors.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..