cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

wizard567
Journeyman III

AMD Overdrive not working correctly

I am trying to use AMD overdrive but it is reporting some inaccurate numbers (temp and voltages) when compared to CUPID HWM.  In addition, It does not register fan speeds and GPU data among other things.

I have an ASUS M4A88TD-V ATX motherboard with the AMD 880G/SB850 chipset, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T CPU, 12 gig Corsair 1600 DDR3 and EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6G GPU (just installed and working awesome!).  Obviously this is an older rig but it has been upgraded from xp to win 7 trhough win 8.1 and now running Win 10 pro through latest updates (fall creators). 

I Suspect Overdrive is confused because of the diverse age of the components so I was trying to find an earlier version of Overdrive, say for the widows 8 era.  Does anyone know where I can find earlier versions?  Better yet, can anyone tell me if I can SAFELY make changes to my OS or MOBO parameters that will allow Overdive to work properly.  I am reluctant to update the BIOS at this time because it has never been done (running original version 1503) and with Windows 10 on-board I am concerned a BIOS update will really mess things up.

System is stable and runs great now but I am interested in OCing for a flight Sim.  Have been making minor tweaks thru the BIOS but takes a lot of time.  AMD Overdrive will help a lot with the process.  The original ASUS EVO and Turbo OC drivers do not load because they are from the win 7 era, The ASUS AI Suites (all versions) will not even install and I have spoken to ASUS- they say the motherboard is not compatible with Windows 10 so they can not help me.  Sheesh!

Anyway, I am a complete noob, and I need help.  Any suggestions or new info will help.  I would like to try earlier version(s) of Overdrive but cant find a download or a source.

Thanks to Anyone!

Wizard567

0 Likes
3 Replies
neon
Miniboss

You might try Guru3D. They have some of the earlier versions.

Overdrive

0 Likes

Thanks Neon. Unfortunately, none of the download mirrors accessible though GURU are valid except the latest OD version (4.3.1). Will try it again- uninstall an re-install with the Guru OD download

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes

4.3.1.0698 is about the best you can get. Over the years Overdrive had and lost support for different systems. 

I'm pretty sure thermal margin numbers are mostly pointless until you heat that baby up.

You should have enough options to test OCs

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes