cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kameraider
Journeyman III

RX580 Fan Speed Doesn't Decrease After Gaming

First things first: Sorry, but english is not my first language!!

Anyway...

I have a "RX580 NITRO+"  and after I play a game, the FAN's rotations remains close to 100%, even GPU TEMP lower the 50C.
This just happens after the GPU be required, forced ( GAMES for exemple).

bellow You can see: temp 40C || RMP 2870 >> (RPM should be ZERO)

ZOGCwKv.jpg

RPM just go ZERO if I change any settings in Wattman config.

Y6t7Lk8.jpg

I hope be understood! But Anybody can help me?

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Your problem is your settings. They are totally out of whack. Use the "Restore Factory Defaults" to revert all the changes you made...or reinstall the drivers using a clean install. Please adjust your Temp as shown below (manual > 75c Target > 45c) and the Power Limit as shown. Click "Apply" at top of page. Do Not Change Any Other Setting.

0 Likes

I have the exact same problem showed in that post https://community.amd.com/message/2799996#comment-2799996

I already try a clean instalation (with DDU + CCleaner for registrer)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The problem is:

Every time I change "TEMPERATURE SETTINGS" and "APLLY", the "FAN" changes itself to MANUAL with thats values (576 >>2280). If I back the FAN to automatic and APLLY, "TEMPERATURES" changes itself as shown below:
Y6t7Lk8.jpg

My model have DUAL BIOS, the problem occures with both and I tested with other drivers versions already.

If I put settings in default (even just "restore to default"), after exit a game, the FAN rotation keeps stuck in near 100%

0 Likes

You have no idea what your doing do you..is this a new card for you?

"Destino" Target is the temperature you set to engage the fans.

"Max" is the maximum temperature you want the card to run at under load.

If you set it as I recommend. "Destino" @45c (default) engages your fans when the temp hits 45c and GRADUALLY INCREASES as needed to keep it at/under the "Max" temperature you set.

You are telling the fans to not become involved until the temp reaches 75c and keep the temperature under 65c. Crazy.

You also have not raised the Power Limit...can you translate English? Read this about the Power Limit setting > AMD graphics performance

"Your AMD graphics card has a Power Limit setting in Overdrive. The default setting is 0. That is a power saving (electricity)  setting that throttles your card when it begins to draw more power...like when your gaming. Enabling Overdrive and Raising the Power Limit to it's Highest + value (currently +50 or +20 depending on the card) Disables this throttling feature. It is not overclocking, it just allows the card to perform to its maximum capabilities."

IMO, reinstall the AMD drivers using the clean install method > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Open Wattman and set the temp and power as indicated in the picture. Click 'apply'. Do not touch any other setting. Leave everything else set at default (automatic).

0 Likes

EDIT >> After I restore settings and apply TEMP CONFIGURATION in a GAME PERFIL (left Global perfil in default and config temps only in game perfil), works.
After i quit the game, FAN go to ZERO!
Probably that's bug will be resolved only after a OS clean installation

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can understand english, but I've difficult to write, maybe I'm not made me understandable.

Before the problem appears, although in the BIOS ( I copy BIOS and used Pollaris BIOS Editting to see) the target is 75C,

in 52C FAN start and 50C FAN stop. How i set the max temp to 65C, the GPU never exceeded 65C~70C.

that it: 52C FAN ON >> UP to 65~67C, exit game, down to -50C fan OFF

Now, When i change target to other value than 75C in RADEON SETTING, FAN settings changes to manual itself, just like the print.

I try put exactly how you ask, but when i put target = 40, fan setting changes itself to manual. Temp respect the configured limit,

never exceeded 65C, but after that FAN rotation not go down...

See in video : RADEON SETTINGS _ ERROR - YouTube

I already try clean instalation with DDU and I used CCLEANER to clean WindownsReg.

I left the default settings in RADEON SETTINGS

- Start the GAME, 52C FAN START

- GPU get 75C.. 80C

- RPM encreasses

- exit game

- RPM remais, even whit GPU temp now in 40C

I Try changes the BIOS ( GPU have DUAL BIOS)

0 Likes

Fan settings are supposed to change to manual when you change them.

0 Likes