Hardware & Software system:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (not OCed) 0x8001129
- MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime X370-Pro BIOS 3402 AGESA 22.214.171.124; CSM disabled, RGB disabled, SVM enabled, all other defaults settings.
- RAM: 64gb HX424C15FB/16 x 4 purchased separately, 2 sticks with Hynix chips and 2 with Micron chips.
- GPUs: Radeon Pro WX 7100 installed in PCIe 3.0 x16 slot-1 powered directly through 6 pin PSU cable + FirePro W4300 not installed yet.
- STORAGE: 1 x M.2 NVMe SSD PCIe x4 + 3 x SATA SSD
- PSU: Corsair RM750X.
- DISPLAYS: Dell U2413f + EIZO CS240 + LG UltraWide 29UM58-P.
- OSs: Fedora 27 + Window 10 Home build 1709 both installed on separate drives; Radeon Pro Software 17.Q4.1 + AMD Chipset Drivers 17.40 installed and ‘Fast Boot’ disabled on Windows.
Install the FirePro W4300 card in the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot-2 to dedicated GPU pass-through in VMs Windows/Linux environment, being aware when 2 GPUs are installed the PCIe 3.0 x16 slots 1/2 will be run at x8/x8 mode.
If I install the FirePro W4300 runing at x8 mode,
- will be powered with <50W needed without any electrical issues for my system?
- any suggestion about settings in BIOS, Windows and 17.Q4.1 Software for successful setup?
Thanks in advance for your support