cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

itguy08
Journeyman III

RX560 DisplayPort and HDMI Crash on monitor wake - help!

Hi.

I'm using a custom built Ryzen 7 1700 machine with an Asus RX560-2G OC Edition video card. It's driving 2 LG 27UD58-B 4k monitors, one by DisplayPort and 1 by HDMI.  Been working great up until the Windows Update that was released for the Spectre and Meltdown bugs.  Windows auto updated and I came home to a black screen on all monitors that was not resolved until I unplugged one of them.  A driver reinstall later and I got both working somewhat....

Now the displays will work great UNTIL the machine times out and puts them to sleep.  Windows keeps running and when I wake the computer the monitors will turn on to a black screen and I think Windows is still running as there is HD activity and it responds to pings.  But no USB activity and no wake up.  Sometimes the HDMI monitor will show the desktop while the DisplayPort monitor will be blank.  Other times both will be blank.  Hitting the reset button makes the system reboot.  If I run one monitor things seem fine.

I've tried clean installs of:

• Adrenalin 17.12.1
  • Adrenalin 17.12.2
  • Reinstalling the AMD chipset drivers
  • DDU and reinstalling the Adrenalin drivers
  • Uninstalling the Windows update

Same deal.  About the only thing that seems to work is a single display - be that DisplayPort or HDMI.

Help!

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
itguy08
Journeyman III

I did some more checking and it seems to be the particular combination of HDMI and DisplayPort that causes the crash.

I hooked up my old Samsung via DVI and left the DisplayPort connected.  Sleep and woke perfectly.

Hooked up all 3 - DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI.  Sleep and woke perfectly.

Put the HDMI and Displayport monitors back and hang on wake.  It seems that the HDMI comes on, then DisplayPort comes back on (the monitor wakes up) and then the signal is lost.

Any ideas?  Or how to get this in front of AMD?

0 Likes