I just received a new rx580. I was using an r7 270 previously. I am trying to get the card recognized by windows so I can install the drivers.The fans spin when its powered on. I have an 8pin GPU power cable plugged in to the card. My old card used 6 of the 8 pins previously. When I am in the BIOS it does not recognize there is a GPU present using a asrock utility at the BIOS and ran windows update(was updated) just to ensure everything was updated.
I have tried to install both power colors drivers for the card and the generic AMD drivers. When I run the amd software it gives me error 173 stating there was no hardware to be found.
I have tried.
- reinserting the card
- updated all motherboard BIOS
- set the gpu to use only pcie 3.0 at bios.
- followed amd guide Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems and ran DISM, FSC, and DDU.
- under device manager > display adapters > tried scanning for new devices.
I want to ensure I got a bad card before I send it back. What else can I try?
having same problem today with:
- Gigabyte Gaming 8G RX 580
MSI Armor OC 8G RX 580
Tried on 2 computers and did same trouble shoot on both....no detection. inserted a GTX 750 ti i had lying around; no nvidia driver install, no problem....so i know both pcie slots on both comps work. Also pretty unlikely both cards are DOA