1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2018 2:47 PM by points55h5

RX580 not detected tried tons of solutions

jpolachak

I just received a new rx580. I was using an r7 270 previously. I am trying to get the card recognized by windows so I can install the drivers.The fans spin when its powered on. I have an 8pin GPU power cable plugged in to the card. My old card used 6 of the 8 pins previously. When I am in the BIOS it does not recognize there is a GPU present using a asrock utility at the BIOS and ran windows update(was updated) just to ensure everything was updated.

I have tried to install both power colors drivers for the card and the generic AMD drivers. When I run the amd software it gives me error 173 stating there was no hardware to be found.

I have tried.

- reinserting the card

- updated all motherboard BIOS

- set the gpu to use only pcie 3.0 at bios.

- followed amd guide Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems  and ran DISM, FSC, and DDU.

- under device manager > display adapters > tried scanning for new devices.

I want to ensure I got a bad card before I send it back. What else can I try?

• Re: RX580 not detected tried tons of solutions
          points55h5

having same problem today with:

- Gigabyte Gaming 8G RX 580

and a:

MSI Armor OC 8G RX 580

Tried on 2 computers and did same trouble shoot on both....no detection. inserted a GTX 750 ti i had lying around; no nvidia driver install, no problem....so i know both pcie slots on both comps work. Also pretty unlikely both cards are DOA