January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192)
Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses issue where event logs stop receiving events when a maximum file size policy is applied to the channel.
- Addresses issue where printing an Office Online document in Microsoft Edge fails.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard doesn’t support the standard layout for 109 keyboards.
- Addresses video playback issues in applications such as Microsoft Edge that affect some devices when playing back video on a monitor and a secondary, duplicated display.
- Addresses issue where Microsoft Edge stops responding for up to 3 seconds while displaying content from a software rendering path.
- Addresses issue where only 4 TB of memory is shown as available in Task Manager in Windows Server version 1709 when more memory is actually installed, configured, and available.
- Addresses issue where update installation may stop at 99% and may show elevated CPU or disk utilization. This occurs if a device was reset using the Reset this PC functionality after installing KB4054022.
- Security updates to Windows SMB Server, the Windows Subsystem for Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Graphics, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft Scripting Engine.