cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aland0804
Journeyman III

I have a Radeon HD 6870 I am trying to install 3 monitors but it will only display info on any two at one time to of the screens, all three screens have vga inputs do I need monitors with Digital Inputs.

I have a Radeon HD 6870 I am trying to install 3 monitors but it will only display info on any two at one time to of the screens, all three screens have vga inputs do I need monitors with Digital Inputs.

I have tried various configurations but can only ever get 2 monitors going at any one time ..

For the 2 VGA (smaller screens) we use two DVI to VGA converter blocks !

Having read online that I needed an ACTIVE Mini display port to DVI output for the DVI screen we went ahead and purchased one however when this is plugged in,  it isn’t recognised in windows as a third display and thus we still only have the ability to use 2 monitors.

I know the Mini display port is working because if I remove any other screen it springs to life .

My thoughts are that I need to purchase another ACTIVE mini Display port to VGA  or DVI (then dvi to vga adapter) but it seems ridiculous when the card has so many outputs and we already have an ACTIVE mini Display port to DVI cable ?

0 Likes
0 Replies