Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

draklor
Journeyman III

Problems after graphic card driver

Hello!
Whenever I download and install a AMD graphic driver to my computer, and after I restart my PC, I can no longer use my taskbar (icons are clickable but nothing happens), also I can't use the search tool for example. I've tried with 3 different updates now (17.12.1, 17.12.2 and 17.7.1).
Also, after the installation and restart, my PC starts with a wrong resolution (really big and blurry, I normally have 1920x1080), however the PC after around 20 seconds in desktop idle, makes the "recognizing sound" (like when you insert a USB-stick) and changes the resolution to the correct one.
No solutions found yet, but I've tried the most usual ones that come up from google search, such as the PowerShell command. I've also done clean reinstalls with Display Driver Uninstaller.

Graphics card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280, 3GB GDDR5.
System: Windows 10 home 64bit.

Intel Haswell i5-4690K, LGA1150, 3.5GHz, 6MB.

0 Likes
2 Replies

You might also want to post a query on 'tenforums.com', you may have corrupt/missing, need to clear cache/rebuild OS files.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
jakslap
Challenger

open command prompt as admin and type in

sfc /scannow

after completion restart the computer and see if it has been resolved.

0 Likes