sgtsixpack

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • Sapphire RX Vega 56 Desktop
      • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 7 64bit
      • Driver version installed
      • All drivers released after Vega 56 (I tried a previous driver, problem fixed but games wouldn't run)
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung CFG73 1920x1080 display port with 144Hz freesync.
      • Motherboard + Bios Revision
      • Gigabye Z97X-Gaming 5 F6 bios (F7 didn't work with my overclock so reverted back to F6)
      • CPU/APU
      • Intel 4960k 4 core running @ 4.5Ghz
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
      • Corsair HX850 850w PSU with dedicated 8 pin GPU power connectors
      • RAM
      • Kingston Hyperx Savage 16Gb (2 x 8 Gb)

Describe your issue:

• Certain interactions with web browsers will give display corruption and without much delay a system reboot.  If I type in the google search bar its highly likely to crash the PC.
      • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)  n/a
      • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)   n/a
      • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmwT55xE0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6MV4xEctrE

I have previously contacted AMD support but he poopooed me saying that I should check my motherboard bios revision, pointing to anything but the fact that I just upgraded from a 280x to RX vega and start getting this problem.

Here was the unhelpful response:

Dear ,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200777836]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response.

I see that you have tried the latest drivers and experiencing the same issue with all the vega compatible drivers.

Please make sure you have updated the motherboard BIOS and all the settings are default.

Also try disabling hardware acceleration in Google Chrome settings and check if the graphic corruption occurs.

Additionally, If possible try the graphic card on a different computer and check the status.

Thank you for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

• Re: Display driver crash  google search bar
          elstaci

Hardware Acceleration does, at times,  cause problems in Browsers. Many Chrome users have reported that by disabling Hardware Acceleration has fixed the problems with Chrome especially viewing videos.

sgtsixpack

Yes I have resorted to turning off hardware acceleration.  This is a workaround and I expect this problem to be of the utmost importance for the driver team.  I dont agree that above is the "correct answer" the correct answer for me would be one that included "we appologise for our incompetence and vow to fix it immediately".

elstaci

It so happens that my monitor will go totally black for a few seconds intermittently the entire time I am using Chrome. I changed Graphic drivers without any change. Finally I decided to turn off "Hardware Acceleration" in Chrome and the issue finally stopped. Before I had that feature on all the time in the past without any problems. Now it causing problems. Turn in a "Report Issue " to Chrome today to let them know.