0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2018 10:55 AM by motherbrain

Sapphire R9 380 Nitro: screens go black during gameplay, seems to be related to hardware acceleration in other apps.

motherbrain

Hey there,

So about a month ago I did an upgrade to Ryzen from my FX-8320. After the upgrade, I started experiencing black screens during games, mainly League of Legends. It would happen at seemingly random times. As part of the upgrade, I reinstalled Windows as well as all my graphics drivers; I'm fairly certain that the driver version I was using prior to the upgrade was a Crimson version, and not the new Adrenalin drivers.

Over the course of the past few weeks I've performed a multitude of different troubleshooting steps, including swapping out my new CPU, RAM, and motherboard for replacements, and even getting a motherboard from a diffferent OEM. The problem was still occuring.

In the past few days, I discovered that my programs I usually have open on other monitors (Discord, Chrome, Spotify to be specific) were using hardware acceleration. I disabled this in every program I could, and it seemed to help drastically. After reproducing the problem with another AMD graphics card (MSI R7 260X) I'm led to believe this may be a driver issue.

I'm currently using Radeon Software Version 17.12.1. I may try reverting to a previous driver version.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with the newer drivers? What card are you using? Has anyone found any solutions to this problem?