1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 31, 2017 11:18 AM by frccc

GPU / HDMI Scaling (R9 380) doesn't work after Adrenalin 17.12.2 and latest Windows Update

hyeongttt

I have a R9 380 and I use a Samsung TV as a monitor. I usually need to underscan because it doesn't fit the screen correctly. But after the Windows Update and Adrenalin update I can no longer underscan using the HDMI Scaling in Radeon Settings. It's there, but it simply does nothing. I tried rolling back the drivers but when I play games like Assassin's Creed Origins and Civilization VI with old Crimson drivers, it gives me an error saying my driver isn't compatible and the graphics get all wonky. I'd really appreciate the help!

• Re: GPU / HDMI Scaling (R9 380) doesn't work after Adrenalin 17.12.2 and latest Windows Update
          frccc

I'm using an R9 390 and have the exact same problem. For some reason on the 17.12.1 drivers makes it centered way off up and to the left on the screen. Catalyst used to have overscan/underscan to correct problems like this but the new scaling slider has never worked correctly for me until once today. Rolling back to 17.11.1 fixes the problem again, but I tried everything to fix it on the new drivers to no avail. I use a custom resolution of 1824x1026 so that the edges aren't cut off.

An interesting note is that with the scaling slider when I only have 1 monitor turned on I can correct the edges on 17.12.1, but when I turn on a tv I have plugged into my mobo hdmi port (1920x1080, Intel HD Graphics 530) it throws my main monitor (1824x1026 custom resolution) up and to the left no matter the scaling option selected. This problem does not happen on 17.11.1.