1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 5:31 AM by lazarusmagni

AMD 8970M Graphics problem with SWBF2

lazarusmagni

This GPU (the 8970M) should be able to play/support the 2017 SWBF2 game. But the game is totally corrupt when I load it (see screenshot.) I am 100% sure it is related to my 8970M GPU, because when I use certain settings (in the bios, or otherwise [e.g. device manager, or Radeon additional settings] the game looks perfectly normal (although doesn't run very well obviously using the legacy 8750G, but it looks perfectly fine.) I have the latest drivers installed for the 8970M (currently the date is 12.19.17). I have tried changing every conceivable setting (in the game, in Radeon settings, in my bios) nothing works. Can someone please help with this?

I have attached a screenshot of the graphics anomaly. Oddly enough, I used to see this when running some older games using my "high performance" GPU, although that doesn't happen any more.

I get the fact that this card isn't considered "high performance" anymore, but it still should be able to run this game. I would really appreciate some help with this. I can't afford to just go out and buy a new computer.