2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2017 11:18 AM by lariekoek

QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?

lariekoek

OS

Windows 10 64-bit

PSU

Corsair HX1200i

CPU

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

RAM

4 x 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3

MoBo

ASUSTaK P8Z68-V LX

GPU

2 x R9 295x2 (BIOS Version 015.044.000.009)

Installed Software

MSI afterburner (Version 4.4.2)

AMD Radeon settings (Version 2017.0922.1659.28737)

OpenGL (Version 6.14.10.13506)

So I recently installed two R9 295x2 GPU's in my system, and individually they are running great. But I can't help but feeling they aren't running at their full potential...

I was wondering if there are any settings, extra drivers, software, ... I can change or install to fully unlock these beasts?

For starters, I can't find the option to enable/disable CrossFire for the cards in the Radeon settings program..

Please tell me if I forgot some relevant info for you to help me.

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated!!

• Re: QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?
          black_zion

If it shows one primary and three linked adapters, then it is working as it should, but as games vary in their multiple GPU performance from 0 to near 100%, and never scale linearly to 400%, the amount of performance increase in games will vary.

• Re: QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?
              lariekoek

Not home atm so I can't check, but I don't think it shows up like you say.

Additional problem since yesterday: one card keeps disconnecting, resulting in system freeze. Happens independed of graphical load at that moment. Have to hard-reboot and most of the time the systems sees only one card after the reboot. After fiddling around a bit with the pcie power connectors and some reboots, the system sees both cards again, only to lose the same one again after random time (going from 5 minuter after booting, to 2 hours after boot).

Swapping the cards with each other gives same result with the same card... :-\