3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 7:51 AM by alexanderlain

Help with BSOD atikmdag.sys

thenightsky

I keep getting BSOD about 5-6 times a day. This didn't happen before. I had windows 10 installed and I decided to do a fresh install and since then I keep getting BSOD. I'm sure it's something to do with the graphics card. I tried doing a clean install of the latest version of the graphics card drivers, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried using a slightly older version of the driver too with no success. Computer still randomly crashes.

Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED

What Failed: atikmdag.sys

Here are the computer spec and Below I'll leave a link to the dump files, error codes and more.

HP Model: P6226f
      Motherboard: M2N78-LA (Violet)
      RAM: 8gb DDR2
      Storage: SSD 120GB - HD 1TB
      Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 250
      Processor: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core 2.40 GHZ
      OS Build: 16299.125
      Network:  Realtek RTL8201N
      Monitor: HP Pavilion 22cwa IPS

Link for zip file containing more info:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YNySwHSmc4FIqnejU-BF8JgQgR3vBbfK

• Re: Help with BSOD atikmdag.sys
          oeai

i got almost the same specs, but HD7700 with driver 17.12.2

well i did try the solution mentioned here atikmdag.sys BSOD under Windows 10

to uninstall amd software, then move to W safe mode, remove driver. But i've set it to VGA-adapter, to be sure, that it wont be auto installed.

then go back to normal and install radeon. well not sure for how long, this is a first hour i guess.

atiError2.png

• Re: Help with BSOD atikmdag.sys
            alexanderlain

Hi, i have same problem with Windows 10 pro and R7 250 from Gygabite. Have the same stop code that you mentioned, but only one time at day, so when im playing NFS MW about 15 min to couple hours randomly have BSOD, and some times when watching videos on Youtube, trying some tips from internet, other versions of drivers but no result, so i go to amd site and download WHQL driver from 04.10.16 ver.21.19.151.3. And install just driver, and it worked for me. I install only driver, and force windows not update driver, pass couple of days without seeing a problem.