9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2018 7:55 PM by elstaci

High Definition Audio-Controller Code 10 can't start device and Task Host Window Error preventing Restarts and Freezing Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

silveramd

Hello,

I just gave up. i can't anymore. i have completly reinstalled Windows 10 64bit at least a hundred times in the past few months and every time i got this annoying error.

when i get this error i can't use the start menu and taskbar anymore, it's all frozen and i can't restart. all i can do is logout and login again and then i can use Windows for a short time.

now it's enough, if this error is not fixed i will sell my amd cpu, the two amd gpu's, the amd motherboard and go with the green team and will never again look back.

My software and hardware is:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1709 Build 16299.15 and all updates installed!

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero with newest bios/uefi.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor

Gpu: 2 x XFX Radeon R9 Fury X

I tried all the drivers.

i tried the drivers from the original motherboard dvd and the drivers from the original XFX gpu dvd.

i tried the drivers from the Asus motherboard website. ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO Driver & Tools| Mainboards | ASUS Deutschland

i tried the drivers from windows update.

i tried the drivers from the Amd website. http://support.amd.com/de-de/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

nothing works! Windows is refusing every driver!

I'm now trying the minimal setup, without the Amd HDMI driver and i have disabled all audio devices but still Windows or the Crimson aktivates the devices and installs wrong drivers.

Ok i have to restart now. i will reply back.

Edit. This is weird, the setup is finished but there is no button for restart now in the driver menu?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edit2: Again this device driver error.

This are the 3 drivers of High Definition Audio Controller.