AnsweredAssumed Answered

High Definition Audio-Controller Code 10 can't start device and Task Host Window Error preventing Restarts and Freezing Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

Question asked by silveramd on Dec 28, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2017 by elstaci

Hello,

I just gave up. i can't anymore. i have completly reinstalled Windows 10 64bit at least a hundred times in the past few months and every time i got this annoying error.

when i get this error i can't use the start menu and taskbar anymore, it's all frozen and i can't restart. all i can do is logout and login again and then i can use Windows for a short time.

now it's enough, if this error is not fixed i will sell my amd cpu, the two amd gpu's, the amd motherboard and go with the green team and will never again look back.

My software and hardware is:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1709 Build 16299.15 and all updates installed!

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero with newest bios/uefi.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor

Gpu: 2 x XFX Radeon R9 Fury X

I tried all the drivers.

i tried the drivers from the original motherboard dvd and the drivers from the original XFX gpu dvd.

i tried the drivers from the Asus motherboard website. ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO Driver & Tools| Mainboards | ASUS Deutschland

i tried the drivers from windows update.

i tried the drivers from the Amd website. http://support.amd.com/de-de/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

nothing works! Windows is refusing every driver!

I'm now trying the minimal setup, without the Amd HDMI driver and i have disabled all audio devices but still Windows or the Crimson aktivates the devices and installs wrong drivers.

Ok i have to restart now. i will reply back.

Edit. This is weird, the setup is finished but there is no button for restart now in the driver menu?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edit2: Again this device driver error.

This are the 3 drivers of High Definition Audio Controller.

Outcomes