7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 4:41 PM by tag75

Sapphire Fury fan/overheat problem 17.12.2, TRIXX utility locks clock at 300mhz

enphorcer

Radeon Software Version - 17.12.2

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)

Core Clock - 1000 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 32 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Fresh installation of Win10, reg key to prevent it from installing its own radeon software.

DDU'd then installed 17.12.2, installed TRIXX

After installing TRIXX with 17.12.2, my Fury's GPU clock locks at 300mhz when playing games... bad performance/choppy. Zero overclocking or messing with TRIXX settings, all default. If I uninstall TRIXX, DDU, and re-install 17.12.2 without installing TRIXX again, GPU clock ramps up to 1000mhz default and all is good.

Problem 2 : The stock 17.12.2 installation screws up the card's fan control. I was getting crashes, and using the Wattman, I could see the card was hitting 75C+ with the fans moping along at 800rpm!! I'm using wattman to manually up the minimum fan RPM to 1900 when playing games, then manually lowering it when I'm done. And without being able to use TRIXX , i cant use its fan control capabilities...

Plus when I view wattman's temp/fan info graph, it shows my fans are at 0rpm and my temp is at 1900C. So its basically lost its mind thinking the fan rpm is the temperature.

Older drivers work fine like the one that installs by default with Windows. I believe the last WHQL drivers whatever they are.