5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 2:03 AM by gyroscoper

AMD crimson drivers update fail to start

gyroscoper

Hi!

Just today i tried to update the latest drivers available for AMD Crimson (17.1.1 to 17.12.2). I tried to run the update -- but it failed. Every time I try, a box comes up that says

"AMD Software has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried downloading the relevant drivers package directly (win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.2-dec19) and installing it locally, but the same error message came up.

I tried using the "DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller" to remove the GPU driver completely then tried to install the new driver. The same "AMD Software has stopped working" error message shows.

I tried using the "AMDcleanuputility" as well but in vain. The same result occurs. Also tried "Driver-talent" but it did not work either.

I tried doing the same things in safe mode, but got the same result. So now I don't have a GPU driver at all(except the windows basic one), and am still being prevented from installing any new.

This has worked perfectly before but I feel that there is something fishy about the latest Windows update.

Anyone with any input??????????

My system:

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Phenom II X6 1090T

8 GB RAM

XFX Radeon R9 380

SSD HYPER

Seagate barracuda disc