1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 11:07 AM by ray_m

Driver won't update but I don't get an error message

bueeeno

Hello, people. I'll be writing my PC specs first then I'll tell what the issue is.

Win10 Pro 64bit | AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz | ASUS M5A97 LE R 2.0 | 4 GB DDR3 | PcYes Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 | Crimson version 16.2.1 | Driver version: 15.301.1901.0

I've been trying to play CS:GO ever since I got my PC upgraded (all these are new pieces except the HD) and EVERYTIME it crashes when loading a map. Other games, like LA Noire, run with no issues at all. So I thought it could be a driver issue. The Radeon Crimson says there is an update to be installed, and when I try to install it, the software says the version 15.7 of the driver is available. I try to install it, the catalyst installer runs fine, I get no error messages BUT the driver is not updated at all. I have already tried doing a clean driver install, uninstalling it with DDU in safe mode and etc. but it doesn't seem to work and I'm getting extremely frustrated as one of the reasons I got my PC updated was so I could play CS:GO and, well, that is not happening at all. I have read lots of stuff and still nothing seems to work for me. Please help. Thanks.