0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2017 7:05 PM by abergmeier

Getting Vulkan support for Radeon Pro WX2100 on Ubuntu 16.04

abergmeier

I have a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Board, with a NVIDIA graphic card running Ubuntu 16.04.  Now I try to extend this setup with a Radeon Pro WX2100. As a limitation I am only interested in Vulkan support and would like to install as little software as possible to get that working for the Radeon.

This has multiple problems:

1. One being that the kernel panics when I put in the Radeon (no matter whether alone or in combination). This happens for kernel 4.10, 4.13 and same behavior with 18.04 Alpha.

2. The other is that I am not amused to be forced to install 32bit software on my 64bit Ubuntu (for AMDGPUPRO packages).

3. The current realm of graphic options for AMD is really confusing with RADV, AMDGPUPRO, AMDVLK. What should one use for what?

Can anyone shed some light.

EDIT:

Some more details.

for 1. Upgrading the board to the latest BIOS (A10) did change the symptom a bit but still results in a kernel panic (with only the Radeon inserted). See attachment.

for 2. AMDGPUPRO is not an option for me anyhow, since I am running 4.13, which strangely is not supported for Ubuntu 16.04 (while it is a shipping kernel).

for 3. Trying now with RADV, since it ships with mesa and is already packaged.