1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2017 9:32 AM by elstaci

Radeon Settings won't open (Windows 10)

pengtey

It all started when i updated Radeon Settings to the latest version (17.someting I can't remember). There was an error message when i tried to open it saying that "Radeon Settings is currently unavailable, please try again after connecting AMD Graphics". I read online that you have to update windows to the latest version, which I've then done so in windows update as well as the the graphics drivers using the Radeon Software update tool (the one where it scans your hardware and automatically updates the drivers for you). After that I get a message saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed..." and I check Device Manager and it under my drivers there was an error code 43 and windows had disabled it. After hours of attempting to fix it including using AMD Cleanup Utility to uninstall them and reinstall them using the update tool again. The same problem persists. At this point I decided to make a system restore to before I updated Radeon Settings to version 17.(something can't remember). And now it won't open... I right click on desktop then click AMD Radeon Settings but the application won't show up no matter how long I wait.

Here are my specs:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Machine name: DESKTOP-M1HNB8N

Machine Id: {923C27E4-6BEF-429C-A428-65C0E4AB6B70}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: X550IU

BIOS: X550IU.300

Processor: AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G  (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 11216MB RAM

Page File: 3474MB used, 10046MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9874)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9874&SUBSYS_14A01043&REV_CC

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 6624 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB

Shared Memory: 5608 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

• Re: Radeon Settings won't open (Windows 10)
          elstaci

I see you have a Asus laptop. Try reinstalling Asus customized drivers for your laptop. The AMD chipset from Asus and the Graphic driver from Asus.  I notice that Asus doesn't list any Graphic drivers for Windows 10 at Asus Support. According to your Laptop model at Asus, the AMD card is a RX 460 and you have a APU with R7 iGPU.

If in the worst circumstances, you can always factory install your Laptop the way it was when you first purchased it.

Also I see you are running a older version of Windows 10 (v1703 rather than v1709).