Hi everyone. I've read a number of topics discussing how to disable Eyefinity but none of them have helped me at all. Here's what happened on my system and what I'm trying to do:
* I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit and just installed a Radeon RX570 in order to access 4 monitor displays.
* After downloading and installing the required driver I was able to view all 4 monitors successfully, yet I needed to arrange them in a specific configuration.
* I did not notice the "Arrange Displays" selection on the top right corner of the Display tab and instead clicked on the Eyefinity tab to arrange my monitors because there is a multi display Icon just to the left of the word "Eyefinity".
* After following the on screen instructions for setting up Eyefinity in a 4x1 layout, I continued through a couple of steps and was instructed that the layout would finish setting up after some displays would be disabled.
* All my displays except display 1 turned off and will only operate when Eyefinity is enabled, yet Eyefinity does not allow me to configure the monitors in the arrangement I need. I did not realizing when setting up Eyefinity that the Eyefinity 4x1 layout would not allow me to arrange my monitors in my desired configuration.
* I searched online for the past couple of hours and read recommendations for uninstalling the AMD Settings application, so I followed instructions on doing so, yet the problem has not left my system. I shouldn't have to uninstall video card settings software in order to reset desired monitor display settings. I should be able to revert back to original settings and have complete control of my system. Eyefinity has completely disabled the use of my monitors unless Eyefinity is in use. Not Good!
What I need to do:
* I need to regain control of my 4 monitors and set them up as 4 separate monitor displays in my desired configuration.
* I need to remove the control of Eyefinity over my monitor displays beyond disabling the Eyefinity group created.
* When I disable the Eyefinity group, all monitor displays shut off except display 1 and they do not turn back on unless I enable the Eyefinity group, which does not allow me to create the monitor configuration I need.
* I need to delete the Eyefinity group completely from my system and have the ability to configure my monitors with the Windows System Settings.
* As of yet, When I disable the Eyefinity group, Windows Device Manager shows that all 4 monitors are connected to the system, but Windows System Settings does not detect the monitors and does no allow me to configure them at all. I feel like I've been robbed!
!!!...This is not a gaming computer. It is a work computer and Eyefinity has shut down my productivity. It needs to be redesigned or removed...!!!
I'd love to hear back from AMD personnel with options on how to bypass Eyefinity to regain control of my system.