1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 5:46 PM by thorfkin

3200x1800 or 3840x2160 Resolution with VSR and Display Color Depth at 12 bpc

thorfkin

I have an issue that started about a year ago with driver versions in the 17 range. I was hoping it'd get fixed eventually but I get the impression it's rare enough nobody noticed. I don’t know the exact driver version it started with but I know drivers in the 16.x.x range worked correctly. I can't use 3200x1800 or 3840x2160 resolution with VSR while the color depth on the Display tab is set to 12 bpc. The display shows visual corruption when I do. It's difficult to describe what it looks like. Everything's messed up and unreadable. I can use those resolutions at 8 bpc or 10 bpc but not 12 bpc. I can use 12 bpc with resolutions up to 2560x1440 without issue. My display supports up to 1920x1080 but I like the enhanced lighting accuracy and texture clarity from running my games at a higher resolution. I use Virtual Super Resolution with my games when possible. My preferred render resolution is 3840x2160. Rendering at twice my intended resolution lends to a pixel accuracy other resolutions can't provide. My display is a Panasonic plasma television that supports 8, 10, and 12 bits per color depth. It's connected via HDMI using Comprehensive brand cables through a Pioneer receiver. The visual difference between 10 and 12 bpc is only barely noticeable, but I can see it in the intensity of the darkest and lightest areas, so hoping to find a solution. I know my hardware can do it because it used to work with older drivers. It affects all games and the Windows desktop when set to those resolutions while the display is set to 12 bpc. Has anyone else run into this?

Graphics Card: Asus Radeon Fury X 4G - Currently using Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Driver

Display: Panasonic Plasma TC-P58VT25

Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.1 Surround

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700X

MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero (Wifi-AC) - 1701 Bios Revision

RAM: Gskill 32GB DDR4

PS: 800 Watt

Message was edited by: Brandon Johnson for Clarity