0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 2:03 PM by gamerniels

Graphics problem

gamerniels

Dear AMD,

For 2 years (I think, might be more) I have a problem with my graphics card and it became worse, which is why I decided to create a post about it, the problem can be viewed in the following video: Graphics problem - YouTube (skip to 20 seconds)

The problem shown in the video is not always present. Sometimes I can play a game for 3 hours without having any problem when suddenly the problem arises. Sometimes it also happen just after starting my computer and game. To get rid of the problem I restart the computer, but it only takes time before it comes back. Now the problem is arising faster and more frequently than before, which is why I opened this thread.

In the past I have searched for similar problems, found some, but the suggested solutions did not work. It happens with multiple games (Project Cars 2, Project Cars 1, Asseto Corsa, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Company of Heroes 2, Company of Heroes 1 and more. I tried solving it by changing the anti-aliasing method in the Radeon-settings, but also by trying different settings in the games itself, without any luck. I am currently running 17.7.1 Radeon Crimson software, but it happened with previous versions of the Radeon software as well.

My desktop system has the following components:

AMD Graphics card: MSI R9 270X Gaming 2GB

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @3.40 GHz

Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING - BIOS American Megatrends Inc. V12.2, 23-9-2013

Display devices: LG 24EA53VQ-P 1920x1080 @60Hz (DVI) and Samsung UE32EH5300 1920x1080 @60Hz (HDMI)

Power supply: CoolerMaster B600 600W

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8 GB DDR3-1600 2x4GB

I hope someone knows a solution for it!

Kind regards,

Niels