1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 7:57 AM by black_zion

RX 570 Overheating - Fans Not Even Spinning

slented93

Hi All,

I've had this GPU for about 2 weeks, and no problems until the other day, where it started to crash while playing Rainbow Six Siege.  The card was really friggin hot, which makes no sense as it's new, and I was not playing on high graphics or anything crazy.

What I've Tried:

-Clean install of the most up-to-date driver.

-Adjusting the settings in WattMan (does nothing).

-Changed GPU slot on the mobo to give it more room to breathe.

-Run a virus-scan to check for a crypto-virus (none existing)

-Opened the side of the case, and put a big 'ol fan on it to keep it cool (lasts a while longer, but still ultimately crashes).

I have checked the PSU, that is not the issue, for certain.

What I'm Running:

Radeon RX 570 GPU

Desktop

Windows 10, 64-Bit

driver is 17.7

Samsung monitor using HDMI (LED Monitor (SD390 Series) | Owner Information & Support | Samsung US )

Asus - Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair - CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

and 16 GB of DDR3 RAM

The GPU heats up like crazy, and even at 60C+ the fans are at 0 RPM according to WattMan.  The light on the GPU itself is blue, telling me it should have proper power.  Eventually, the thing heats up and crashes, even playing simpler games like Dota 2 on high graphic settings (my dell laptop from 2011, which struggled with games like Spore, could run Dota 2 no problem, even as recently as 2 years ago...)

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd really love to not have to get a new GPU, this would be the second one I'd have to return in a month.  My last GPU was a Sapphire - Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC, which I would have loved to keep, but unfortunately the first card slot on my MOBO is inoperative, and that card doesn't fit in the second or third slot.

Thanks,

Matt