8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2017 2:40 AM by aminlv

pixelating monitor on gaming ...

aminlv

hi,

i got bit weird issue whenever i use high mode with my graphic card in any games

after short while screen turn to pixelate and till i start system stays the same.

is there any way to fix this problem its quiet annoying to pay a big buck and get the crappy device.

Radeon Software Version - 17.12.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - ASUS R9 280 Series

Memory Size - 3072 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 980 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 24 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

photo_2017-12-18_23-05-11.jpg

• Re: pixelating monitor on gaming ...
          Hardwood

What temp does the gpu get to? Are the fans even spinning?

aminlv

well as you can see on screen shot is hard to see anything,

but after reset its usually between 64~67c

Hardwood

That's fairly hot for doing nothing. Are the fans running? Open the side panel and make a note whether they're getting faster as you play.

aminlv

yeah quite noisy as well when I'm n gaming mode.

but if you think its due that i can turn fan mode to manual and increase fan speed not sure how much i should increase it thou,

i check step by step and report if any changes ...

Hardwood

Run them at 100% and see how long you can play. This is just the most likely cause. You have the adrenaline version installed so get the overlay going when you start a game and keep an eye on the temps.

It could be your vidcard is toast or there's a major error in your driver/OS install. Did you use DDU before installing these? It might help.

In a perfect world you would take it out and over to a buddy's place and play with it in their machine for a couple hours to see what happens.

aminlv

well test is complete,

beside sound of a rocket in my room in passed 24h, temp lowered between 38~43c in idle mode,

in benchmark 100% utilization it goes back to 63~65c

with 100% fan working i didn't get that messy screen just bunch of black and discoloration in some part of the screen,

still viewable so it's a win, still wondering if that's the case why not the automatic mode of the graphic card kicked in by itself when im gaming

is there anything can do?

or have to manually whenever i'm gaming should increase fan speed beforehand?

Hardwood

Those are much better temps so now why isn't this a bit more automatic.

First thing is take the 280 out of the case and using a can of compressed air blow every bit of fluff out of every nook and cranny.

And just while you've got your case open blow out all other fans/ clean filters whatever you have.

Think seriously about adding some good quality/performing case fans.

At this point in time I'm not a big fan of wattman controlling the vidcard fan. So you have the choice of using it or

using MSI's afterburner which I find very reliable and it's fan control seems superior to me.

IF you do go with afterburner you must disable wattman by opening radeon settings/preferences and "restore factory defaults".

This "just bunch of black and discoloration in some part of the screen" is a bit worrying. Is that in all games, the same place on screen or?