AnsweredAssumed Answered

Screen Hiccup Every 5 Seconds 17.12.1

Question asked by dandpanda on Dec 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 by onebuckshort

Hi all,

To get this out of the way I have (I'm not sure if I need to state anything else, I'm new to this):

• GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
  • RAM: 24 GB
  • Motherboard: MSI z87 MPower
  • PSU: Corsair TX 750
  • Monitor Tested: ViewSonic XG2401
  • Games Tested: League of Legends and Rainbow 6 Siege

So ever since 17.11.1 came out, I noticed some screen hiccups that were happening every 5 seconds or so. So I tried doing research online and the only thing I really tried doing was using DDU to cleanly uninstall past settings and then reinstalling the updated AMD settings on both 17.11.1 and 17.12.1. That didn't work out for me so I reverted back to 17.10.1 I believe (I'm not 100% sure on this, it could've also have been 17.7.1 but we'll assume 17.10.1 for now). So now that 17.12.1 is finally out, I had hopes that this bug would be fixed but it is still here. Here are some gameplay clips of it.

Hiccup Clips (17.12.1). The screen seems to freeze for a split second every 5 seconds.

Non-Hiccup Clips (17.10.1/17.7.1 I don't remember). Not the best test environment, but this was all I had and it looked smooth.

Has anybody experienced problems similar to this and has resolved it? If so please let me know how you fixed it! Also, for more information about how I did my DDU, I opened up DDU and chose the "clean and restart" option without entering safe mode. Once it was done uninstalling, I downloaded 17.12.1 and did an express install from there.

Sorry if I am breaking any rules, this is one of the first times I've entered this website so I don't know much about it. Thanks!

Outcomes