5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 2:59 AM by dotmcl

can't get higher than 3500MHz

opie

my ryzen 5 1600 is stuck at 3.5MHz and wont even boost to the recommended 3.6 without getting temps in the 80s and of course being unstable note that im using the stock cooler which is  supposed to be normal, did i get a fualty CPU?

• Re: can't get higher than 3500MHz
          dotmcl

Can you provide some extra data?

Motherboard + Bios Version

VID voltage + Soc voltage

Also make sure you mounted the cooler proper and applied thermal paste.

I'd also recommend installing the newest chipset released from AMD since it does seem to fix quite a few issues.

opie

I tried again today, raising the voltage and stuff and it still didn't work, so i got frustrated and just reset everything back to normal and just changed the cpu core ratio to 3600 and it worked o.0 EDIT: I updated everything to the latest drivers today

I tried cinebench a few times kept getting around 1150ish score which i guess is normal

Note: i run a single RAM 2400mhz, i know i would benefit from duel rams with higher speeds but that doesn't mean i get 70 fps less than someone using a gtx1060.

dotmcl

I don't want to insist to much, but please provide a full system spec and actual test environment when you talk about 70 less fps, otherwise it's just meaningless information. You said you've increased voltages, from what value? to how much? You can't expect any serious help without providing some sort of details. That being said, when it comes to gaming I'd recommend disabling XFR in BIOS as it does seem to drop frame rates quite a bit for some weird reason. You can find it under the name "Core Performance Boost" or something similar. Also I'd recommend disabling windows HPET, since it does cause issues with Ryzen and gaming. Also make sure to set your Power setting in windows to High Performance.

Will help more once you provide more data. Good luck

opie

I have everything on auto on my AI Tweaker except for my CPU core ratio is on "36.00" and TPU on "keep current settings"

VDDCR CPU VOLTAGE: 1.387 Auto

VDDCR SOC VOLTAGE: 0.900 Auto

DRAM VOLTAGE: 1.200 Auto

And that's all i didn't mess with anything else i guess xD

dotmcl

Now we're getting somewhere. Set Vsoc to 1.100V or even 1.150V - this should and will increase system stability. DRAM should be about 1.35V for most DDR4 memories, but check what it says on the memory to be sure. Again would be nice to get some system specs.