1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 2:42 AM by faqu

Freesync Broken on HDMI

faqu

I recently had a topic about Freesync not working properly and i found out that this only happens if you run Freesync on HDMI . How i got to this conclusion ?

I took my brother's monitor (LG 24MP58G ; 40-75hz range) which can run freesync on both HDMI and DisplayPort and i started to test this freesync:

-RivaTuner cap 75fps + HDMI Freesync = A horizontal screen tear slowly rises from the bottom of my screen to the top

-RivaTuner cap 75fps + DisplayPort Freesync = no screen tearing

-RivaTuner cap 74fps + HDMI Freesync = Screen tearing at the bottom of the screen

-Rivatuner cap 74fps + DisplayPort Freesync = no screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 40fps + HDMI Freesync = Massive screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 41fps + HDMI Freesync = Massive screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 42fps + HDMI Freesync = Massive screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 40fps + DisplayPort Freesync = no screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 41fps + DisplayPort Freesync = no screen tearing

-Rivatuner cap 42fps + DisplayPort Freesync = no screen tearing

Conclusion : Freesync on HDMI is broken , and the real freesync range (where freesync does his job in removing the screen tearing) is 43-69Hz

AMD , please be aware of this issue and fix it !

This is an old issue you never wanted to address (Freesync is broken, does AMD even know?) , just like you did with the "Wait for Vertical Refresh" option in Radeon Settings that never worked as it should ! ( aka forcing vsync off or on from radeon settings doesn't work)

You are just making me to think that you don't give a damn about your community's feedback !