5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2018 11:11 AM by renzhen

AMD Link Service Not Available/Invalid QR Code

renzhen

I installed the app and the desktop software but cannot get them to link.  I get Invalid QR Code and Service Not Available when trying to do it manually.  Is there any one with the same problem.  My Android version is 8.1.

• Re: AMD Link Service Not Available/Invalid QR Code
          tyrael

Yeah, me 2 on a Samsung S8 with Anroid 7.1.1

mosawo

So do I.

There are many hidden requirements to link successfully, I guess.

For example,

・smartphone and your PC are connected to the same network with WIFI, not mobile.

・If you use wireless router,check IP and port

I'm not sure about above because I'm not AMD staff. I just guess so.

conclusion

User needs information more than AMD thinks.

Not all users are Power-User.

mistered

Under AMD Link FAQ:

Do I need an AMD Radeon card in order to install it?

No, however the functionality of the app will be severely limited as two of the main sections, namely Performance Monitoring and Radeon™ ReLive, will not be available. The News Feed section doesn’t need a connection to your PC to work, for instance.

I have an Nvidia graphics card. I have installed the latest AMD drivers since I have a AMD Ryzen 1700X and AMD X370 chipset on my motherboard. However when I run the AMD Link app on my phone it says to run the Radeon software on my PC. I tried installing the Radeon software but it refused to run because there is no compatible AMD graphics card.

Does this make sense to anyone?

slyguy

So there are a couple of things that could be going on. First, try snoozing your firewall and then connecting. Sometimes firewalls can block access. If it gets blocked, just go to your security program settings and make it safe. If that doesn't work, your phone might be connected to your mobile network instead of wifi. Even though wifi is on, it will use the strongest signal in most modern phones. So make sure your wifi is on and your signal is good. I turned off my mobile data and went wifi only. It worked right afterward.

renzhen

The new update has fixed the issue with connecting manually but not by QR Code.  Thus verifying that I can connect but that there is some incompatibility of the app.