Hello! I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions to a really strange issue I'm seeing.
I have a Asus P8 Z77-V motherboard, and recently switched from an Nvidia Gx 550TI variant to the AMD Radeon 560. I installed all Nvida drivers and applications, and ran DDU first.
After doing this and booting I'm stuck in a weird 3rd boot loop as follows
1) Windows 10 installs "Radeon RX 560 Series" 184.108.40.206. System works great, and all the 3d games I have work great-- indefinitely and at all resolutions I'm supposed to get.
2) Reboot. Everything works great once again--indefinitely as long as I don't reboot again
3) Reboot again. Uh-oh. Black screen but I still can move the mouse pointer. I can't see anything-- however if I can type blind, I feel like I could still log-in and Win10 is operational underneath.
4) At this point, I power on reset 3 times to Come up in safe mode, I'm in a safe lower res mode, but I can see now, so I uninstall "Radeon RX 560 Series" and reboot
5) I'm back at step #1 again and now have 2 perfect boots "loaded and ready", but the 3rd one will mess up my system again...
The first thing I considered was that I might be able to use WindowsKey-P to switch monitors. (even though I only use 1 monitor) .. after practicing the motions on a visible login, I tried it on the black screen with no success.
Now I'm thinking about writing some sort of login script that will save all AMD 560 registry keys so I can look and see what if anything might be different on this 3rd boot. If I can log-in blind, it should still at least run my script.
Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?