5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 9:28 AM by wil22

Cannot lock CyberLink PowerDirector to Discrete GPU

wil22

My issue: I can't use my dedicated graphic card to be assigned to Cyberlink Powerdirector for video editing purpose as the AMD Catalyst setting is locked to Intel integrated graphic card.

Checked with Dell. Dell asked to contact AMD. Spent 5 months time in communication with AMD and at the end, they told me it was instructed by Cyberlink for them to lock the graphic card. I suspected AMD is just bluffing about this so they turn the responsibility to Cyberlink. I questioned this to them and they still insisited it is instructed by Cyberlink.

Contacted Cyberlink and they denied it.

Please see attachment.

Is there anyway I can report or complaint about the ethic issue of such a big company in handling this?

Title Edited

• Re: Cannot lock CyberLink PowerDirector to Discrete GPU
          ray_m

I will elaborate on your issue.

It is the application vendor/OS that determines which app is locked to which GPU. AMD has no control over that issue.

amdmatt

I have been responding to your service request. I sent you another update earlier today to say that i have requested driver engineering to unlock Power Director 15 so that the high performance GPU can be used. Cyberlink asked us to disable the high performance GPU, so this was why the application was locked. I will provide additional updates via your service request as soon as i can.

wil22

Please work on Powerdirector 16 as well as this is the latest version.

Please talk to Cyberlink technical team about what they instructed AMD to do so and educate their team member not to deny or pass through the responsibility to each others. But I trust them more than AMD because why they never instruct Nvidia to lock it but only asked AMD?

Further, there are a lot of softwares in the world and each all of the software developers to contact each of the graphic vendors to lock or unlock, how busy they are and AMD development team to follow their instructions?

amdmatt

I'm not sure why you can use the high performance GPU with NVidia but not with AMD. This is a valid concern and one i shared with engineering when submitting this request to have it use the high performance GPU in future driver releases.

wil22

The Nvidia is automatically selected as the graphic card by Cyberlink and I do not have option to choose between dedicated and integrated.

I really do not understand why AMD Catalyst Control wants to lock the setting without letting the users to opt for dedicated or integrated for all the apps. Altought AMD can default the recommendation settings for all apps, but there is no reason to LOCK it without letting the consumers to change the setting.