2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2017 7:05 AM by joecrow

Black Screen. System won't boot with new card powered.

headsprouter

EDIT: Problem solved by flashing the bios.

Hi, recently my computer locked up and it was evident that it was a graphics-related issue. It occurred while I was playing a game on one screen and switched between some chrome tabs on the other. But that's beside the point, that old AMD sapphire HD 7850 was five years old, so I wasn't surprised to see it die. Within a day I ordered my new Sapphire Radeon RX 570, I went through the install process after it arrived, made sure everything was plugged in correctly, it doesn't seem I have any onboard graphics running, but any time I attempt to start my PC with the driver powered, it simply sends no signal to the screens and the PC doesn't seem to pass startup seeing as switching it off causes it to abruptly power down, which is unusual. I'm wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone can suggest some fixes. Might it be an issue with my motherboard? I'm able to do just about everything else that doesn't require graphics hardware.

TL;DR: When I power my new graphics card as well as my old, presumably broken one, it prevents my entire PC from booting properly. With no card powered I can get to the desktop fine. The last step if things were working would be to install drivers, but I can't do that without the system knowing about the hardware.

Specs:

MSI Z77A-G43 Z77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Surround SoundCard