3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2017 11:08 AM by me262schwalbe1

MSI Afterburner and Sappire Trixx

me262schwalbe1

I need a little help with finding the right safe zone for using these Utlilities....

my system specs are:

FX-9830p

Quad-core

3.0 GHz turbo 3.8

Dual-Channel

1xR 8GB stick of RAM in one slot.

Memory Band DDR4 2400

OS windows 10 64-bit

R7 integrated

RX-560 GPU dedicated Switchable Graphics

4GB of VRAM

MSI afterburner image.PNG

Sapphire trixx image.PNG

I want to know if I can push my system to a safe speed without damaging my system.

I do not know how to use these utilities but could use some help.

Message was edited by: michael shanks

• Re: MSI Afterburner and Sappire Trixx
          elstaci

As far as I know, All third party OC and monitoring software (MSI Afterburner & Trixx) are not totally compatible with AMD Wattman. They seem to cause issues with the GPU's. Recently, I noticed that some people have said the newest versions of MSI Afterburner seems to work with AMD drivers. So I don't know if the first statement I made is still valid.

AMD Forum suggest using solely AMD"S Wattman to OC and control your GPU's fans.

kingfish

It is not recommended to try and OC laptops. Heat is the problem....most OC programs won't even work. Use what the manufacturers offer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                me262schwalbe1

yeah,I am still waiting on your company to make those custom AMD Bristol Ridge Chipset Baffin Drivers for switchable Graphics updates to send to Dell...so Dell can notify me of new updates...

I am still using the August 8th drivers from Dell.

>.< please don't tell me custom laptops are dead ends from vendors....especially if they make the motherboard around the gpu and you supply them the drivers for it...aka making it specific custom....